Monday, February 9, 2009

Meal # 8 Spaghetti and Meatballs





I have been asked: What if your family eats lots of ground beef? You can't store that in your pantry. Well, maybe you can! I have talked to veteran canners and they report that they have canned beef chunks, fish, and yes, even ground beef. However, at this point in time, you cannot get canned ground beef in the stores. But it is included in cans of chili, especially the No Beef variety. And you can get it in Franco-American spaghetti and meatballs in a can. I picked up a can of Franco American Spaghetti with Jumbo Meatballs so I could see how many meatballs were actually in it. The answer (and you can see proof in the picture...4 meatballs.

To stretch out this can, I cooked 4 oz. of regular spaghetti noodles in a pot of boiling water until done. Then I drained them and added a 26 oz. can of Spaghetti sauce and the contents of the Franco American can. I gave each of us 2 meatballs. There was leftover sauce and noodles (but no meatball, since we each had our 2)for one person the next day.
This was a hearty meal for 2 hungry adults. The fruit dessert was especially refresh
ing.


Menu
Spaghetti and Meatballs
Fruit bowl (pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges, raisins)

No comments: