Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Evening Meal #3 Phad Thai




Menu:
Phad Thai
green beans
mandarin oranges


Phad Thai

I picked up the Phad Thai seasoning envelope at WinCo (99 cents)and followed the directions on back:

1 Tablespoon soy sauce
8 oz. shrimp or chicken
2 Tablespoons oil
6 oz. cooked noodles
1 green onion (optional)
1/4 cup peanuts, crushed (Optional)

This is such a satisfyingly spicy dish..we have had it twice in the last month.
Directions:
1. Combine seasoning in envelope, soy sauce and water, blend and set aside.

2. Heat 2 Tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium high heat unitl hot. Add meat and cook until done. (I used meat that was already cooked, so I did not do this part. I just opened the can. I used canned turkey instead of canned chicken. Usually I use chicken that I have cooked and chopped and frozen myself and then thaw it out to use. But in my food storage, I have canned chicken or turkey for this recipe.)

3. Cook noodles and drain them ( I cooked half of the package of noodles pictured here.)and add it to the skillet with the cooked meat. Add seasoning mixture and stir fry 2-3 minutes until noodles are coated. (I just drained the noodles into a colander, then returned noodles to the pot and added the seasoning mixture and the cooked meat and stirred until noodles were all coated.)

4. Serve. (makes 4 servings, but we had 2 big servings) Top with crushed peanuts (which I did) and green onion if desired (I had none).

I wanted something green on the plate, so I opened a can of (no salt) green beans. Dessert was mandarin oranges. Love the color and the juiciness. This recipe is a keeper!

No comments: