Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Take Advantage NOW !


The stores have food now, but the time will come when this image will be but a memory.

Stroll the aisle of you favorite store and pick up some extra rice (2-3 dollars for a 5 lb. bag), some extra canned beans (79 cents a can) some cans of chili ($.99) a can, a bag of lentils (99 cents a bag). There..now you have a couple days meals. Yes, you can have beans and rice for breakfast..I do all the time.

This is such a fun task! (At least it was for me.) It was gratifying because I always like to spend money, but I knew I was doing something very important. I was obeying the counsel of the prophets and insuring that I could feed my family in an emergency.

You can do it!

I have completed the menus for 30 evening meals and I have purchased all the items. There are 30 different meals...in other words, 30 evening meals for one month. I am working toward the goal of 3 months worth of food for all meals. So far I have 30 days of breakfasts for 2 people and the 30 evening meals. Now I need to do lunches.

This is all in addition to the basic dry canned goods from the cannery that I have (Wheat, rice, diced carrots, dried refried beans, dried onions, etc.)

I encourage everyone to do this: it is fun and you get to identify what canned and packaged goods you do like or could like. You can be so creative with all the ingredients now available at our grocery stores. May I implore you to imagine a time when those store shelves will be empty. Will you feel happy and secure knowing YOUR shelves at home are full??? That is my hope!

No comments: