Monday, February 9, 2009

The 30 Evening Meal Project !






I have been revising my 30 evening meal menu plan so that it is more balanced.
For example, I do not want to serve chicken 2 nights in a row. I know we all should eat fish twice a week for good health. I do not want to have beef more than once a week. I know we should include beans often for its fiber and protein.

Here is what I have come up with...a 7 day cycle...
Day 1 - Beef
Day 2 - Fish
Day 3 - Chicken
Day 4 - Beans
Day 5 - Chicken
Day 6 - Fish
Day 7 - Beans


Then I repeat the cycle..but make different recipes for them. The more you think about this and use your creativity, the more ideas you will have...surprisingly!

So now that I have figured out the cycle I want to have, it is easier to plug in menu ideas. You will want to vary the side dishes also. For example, do not have rice 2 days in a row. Have rice, for your carb in one meal, then the next night, have potatoes, the next night noodles, then corn, etc.

No comments: