Friday, December 5, 2008

WINCO



Winco is great!

I have been comparison shopping and most grocery items are cheaper at Winco.

There are exceptions, though. You have to know your prices. Del Monte canned pineapple is $1.29 there right now, so if you buy it at Longs, you save 50 cents a can. Since I bought 12 cans at Longs, I saved $6.00! Yet, most things at Winco are cheaper.
My husband loves V8 Juice. The large bottle is $2.00 less than at Stater Brothers. Right now their Green Giant label of green beans and corn go for 48 cents a can! Did I stock up? You bet. Mostly on the corn. Their yams are 48 cents a pound. Swansons low sodium chicken broth, which has been a dollar (or more) a can all year everywhere before Thanksgiving season is 50 cents a can . They still have tons of it left. I did a taste test recently of all available chicken broths including my own homemade, and the kind you make from boullion cubes. Swanson was the closest to mine! I could site many more examples, but you can go yourself and check on your favorite items. When you go, take note of how nice, clean, buffed and shiny their floors are!

Winco also gives you 6 cents credit for each cloth bag you use at check out. Their magazines are all 10% off. I love the bins...found bulgar there, and polenta(Italian corn meal)and bought some.

Mark my words, though..the very best time to go is early in the morning before 8. I like to go around 6:15. You practically have the store to yourself. Some folks say it is just too big. I say if you go often enough, you will become very familiar with where everything is and you can get a good work out as you walk quickly up and down the aisles finding the items you want! Check it out!

No comments: