Thursday, December 18, 2008

Price Watch




I told you in a previous blog that Franco American Gravy at Winco was 55 cents a can. I sure wish I would have bought more of their delicious turkey gravy during Thanksgiving week and the week that followed. Now, turkey gravy and chicken gravy at Winco are $1.17 a can..they more than doubled in price overnight! The beef gravy is still 55 cents. But for how long?

Also, I remember when Swanson Chicken Broth (both regular and reduced sodium) were usually a dollar a can. That was in the months before this past November. Then they went down in price at Thanksgiving time and stayed down. They are 50 cents a can! They still have huge displays of Swanson's chicken broth at Winco. The cans tower above your head. But, I say...for how long? I use broth to make my own soups and gravies, or to cook my rice in.

So...if you see a fabulous price on something, take advantage...the price may be different tomorrow.

No comments: