Sunday, June 9, 2013

MILK

Milk....Ideally I think raw milk from your own grass fed happy cow in your backyard would be the best.

In our family we have given up regular milk for years and years. Long story. (we do eat occasional ice cream).

Powdered milk is a bit more expensive than fresh milk in the cooler at your local grocery store. Also...It is SO processed, it is a bit scary. I had read accounts of how the powdered milk is made and I just didn't want to use much of it. Also...it only lasts a year in storage.
Soy milk was my mainstay for years ( I drank almost a quart a day) until this year when I found out it harms one's thryroid.

SO.....
The latest MILK

 in our ENLIGHTENED FOOD STORAGE PANTRY IS......




http://www.tastethedream.com/products/category/772.php

It is delicious! Has same amount of calcium as milk per 8 oz serving. (about 30% of daily requirement)

The carton I just bought at Winco has an expiration date of Jan. 2014. No refrigeration required until after you open it.

No comments: