Saturday, August 18, 2012

Storms Bring Blackouts


Yesterday, we had that big downpour in Victor Valley! My, it was a nice refreshing "cool down" for us!

But it did have some drawbacks.

Our daughter happened to be at Target on Palmdale Road here during the storm. Well, what happened was that while she was in the dressing room all the electricity went out. Since there was no electricity to power the intercom, the Target employees had to use their very loudest voices to tell the customers scattered all over the darkened store to leave. No transactions could take place, of course.

I am writing this post to remind you to check out your lanterns. If this blackout happened in your neighborhood at night, you would be plunged into darkness. Do you know where you keep your lantern? Are the batteries working? Solar lanterns are great! We have some in our home. I keep one on the top my chest of drawers.

Do you have a little flashlight in your purse? I do!

It came in handy once lately for not only me but my fellow staff members at the Family History Center. I I left the center to go down the hallway to the bathroom. I opened the door...it was pitch black.  For some reason, the lights in there were not working that day. So I went back to my purse at the center and got out my little flashlight and went back to the bathroom. This particular bathroom had its stalls beyond a second door and there was quite a distance to walk (past the sinks) to reach it. It would have been so frustrating, even dangerous to use this bathroom in total darkness. I was so happy I could share my flashlight with other ladies (both staff and patrons) that needed the restroom that day.

99 Cents Only stores carry some good styles.

No comments: