Friday, December 30, 2011

Great Use of A Dollar Raincoat

I may have told this story already, but here goes:

This is me one summer at the crest of a hill on a freeway (actually, this is at "the point of the mountain" in Utah...between Provo/Orem area and Salt Lake City.)

What happened is this: It was raining, and a very busy Friday afternoon (this was the day Michael Jackson died 2 years ago)and we got a flat tire. It was the tire on the left side of the car, so it was quite dangerous for my hsuband to be changing that tire, with his backside jutting out into the oncoming traffic on the slick road. I was thinking: I have to warn the cars to slow down as they crested the hill. So I put on my bright yellow raincoat from the 99 Cents Only store that I had in my Car kit. And I stood there with my arms holding the coat out so I would be more visible. I also was praying no one would hit me/us. Our daughter took this picture of me with
her phone. The hard part of this whole thing was that before my husband could jack up the car, he had to remove from the car of the car all the heavy granite slabs he had just purchased! This rain coat must not have had a hood (I can't recall)...not good. I should have been wearing a rain hat!!!
The main point of this post: Have a bright colored raincoat in your car!!! If it night, you can use it many ways. You can wear it so you can be seen (if you have to get out of your car at the side of the road)and not hit by other cars whizzing past. You can wave it over your head for a distress signal. It will keep you dry if you have to walk or work in the rain.

.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: