Sunday, May 4, 2008

99 Cents Store Finds



I was trying to get the top ten items (plus a few more)of a good first aid kit. The cold pack, the water, the scissors (to cut the long bandgages) was not in the original published list. I still need non-latex gloves, digital thermometer, face mask, first aid instruction booklet, cough drops...maybe benadryl cream. I got these items (pictured) at the 99 Cents Only Store on LaPaz here in Victorville. The water was 39 cents. I like to have water (this bottle expires in 2010) to flush any wounds. The more I read about wound care, the more convinced I am that it is one of the most important things to know how to do. Why? To prevent infection getting into the body. More on this later.
Now I have some fresh supplies for my first aid kit. I had an older one (10 years old at least..the adhesive was worn off the band-aids, the antibiotic ointment had long since expired, etc.) Now I need to find a good container for the items. OK, everyone, Thanks forloggin on, and.... carry on! ~Fearlessly yours, Joan Hulihan

No comments: