Thursday, May 8, 2008

$1.00 Each!



Here are 3 items that I paid $1.00 each for (at Target, today)that are good to have in your 72 hour kit: a small flashlight, glow sticks (2 came in this package) and a pocket knife.
Once my husband was able to fix something in the engine of our car in the middle of the night, on a dark dark road, while our 7 kids slept in the car, and I held a tiny little key chain flashlight like the one pictured here, so he could see what he was doing. I do not know what we would have done without that little light.
The glow sticks also produce quite a lot of light. If you hang it in front of a mirror, it is even brighter. I just tested one to see if I could read a book with just the light from a glow stick-I can! Now I am testing this same glow stick to see how long it will stay lit. It did not give this information on the package.
The pocket knife has 11 functions, including scissors, saw, screwdriver, bottle opener, knife, nail file and more. Many a time, I have resorted to using my pocket knife (I always carry one in my purse on road trips)to slice apples for easy snacking
and sharing. There are many other uses for a sharp blade. What I like is that it all fits so snug together and is small enough that it can be carried in your pocket.

No comments: