Saturday, April 26, 2008

Focus for May - FIRST AID KITS


Hi Everyone!



I hereby begin my monthly themes which will all relate to the year's goal for our Relief Society (of the Silver Lakes Ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).

Our goal for the year: Each Household Will Have 72 Hour KIts

I would like to add, though, that I may occasionally have a post with a broader vision. Our broader vision is that we should all have a year's supply of survival items such as food, clothing, health and hygiene supplies, etc. We should also be aware of the different kinds of emergency situations we may find ourselves in. I wish to educate us in what to do during different types of dangerous weather, for example. I grew up where we had frequent thunder and lightning storms and with a mother who always warned us to get off the phone (we had land lines), and not to take a bath or shower during such a storm. Here in the high desert, we rarely need this advice, but what if we do find ourselves in the midst of a raging storm with thunder and lightning? We want to be wise..and safe.

OK...back to the theme for MAY 2008.

Our 72 Hour Kits all need to contain a first aid kit. So this will be the focus of my blog postings this month: FIRST AID KITS. My former blog is still available at www.survivalmode.blog.com (I have a link in the right hand column here, you can click on that) On that blog I have laid out all the scenarios and how to prepare for them.

I will add more links as I discover them, so when you log on to this blog...check the side column to see the new links.

The picture above is to inspire you to assemble or update your FIRST AID KIT.
A First Aid Kit is a vital part
of a 72 Hour Kit. In the event
of illness or injury during a
community emergency, medical
personal will not be readily available
within the first 72 hours. Educate
yourselves on basic first aid procedures,
and assemble an adequate and personalized
First Aid Kit.

Check the "First Aid Kits" links. Have fun!
~~~Fearlessly Yours, Joan

No comments: