Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blue Water Barrels and Accessories

This is the 55 gallon Water Barrel that is offered on many preparedness sites and range in price from $55 to $75. The arizonabarrels.com sells them for $18 !
Our ward is now able to buy them for $15 from a special dealer. You do need other equipment, though. Hence, this post. Please read on. Thank you.



I was able to get the screwed on caps off with my fingers, but only because they were not screwed on tight. I highly recommend getting one Bung wrench as they are called...This one sells for $6.95 at beprepared.com.
You need to fill your barrel with water with a food grade hose...available at Walmarts. Regular hoses have lead in them and are not to be used for drinking.
This is a pump for you to use to get the water out of your barrel.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes I have one of these too and I think all the gear! I need to refill mine though I think - do you know how often you should refill it?