Saturday, April 18, 2009

March's Goal Was....



Here is what is written on the March Calendar...
March
"We will see the day when we will live on what we produce."~Marion G. Romney

~Plant vegetable seeds in your backyard or in patio pots.
~Obtain a transister radio with batteries.
~Obtain oatmeal and cinnamon for 30 days worth of breakfasts for your family or more.



I have been super busy, I must admit, and have just begun to do gardening.
I have the radio and batteries, do you? Keep this handy on a surface...so you can grab it and tune in easily. What if some enemy took out all our electricity and satellite communications in one fell swoop? Be prepared!

I have lots of oatmeal and have become quite addicted to it for breakfast....or for snacks. In fact, the other day as I was at the stoplight by Wendy's drive-thru restaurant. I looked at their big posters for the Double Stack, The Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, etc...and I thought..mmm..I am hungry..then I thought...but I can go home and fix a bowl of oatmeal with raisin and walnuts, cinnamon and soy milk..and that will be much more satisfying and healthful than a burger!

OK...back to the gardening..I will be posting great resource books, tips, news, etc. This is planting season! And what a gorgeous day we have today to do it.

No comments: