Friday, May 17, 2013

My Peas-Report #1

I planted my peas on Presidents Day like I learned to do on the previous posts' video. It was 18 February 2013. That night we had reports that it would snow. I got out some old vinyl tablecloths with the flannel backing and covered my 4 rows of newly planted peas. Luckily, they did not freeze even though the temperature got quite cold and yes, it did snow.in the morning, snow was covering the tablecloths I had spread out. As you can see, these seeds grew quite well. I bought them at Winco. The following 3 pictures were taken on the same day in the middle of April....about April 16-18. So 2 months after planting.
I get such a kick out of the tendrils that form on the pea plant. the pea plant is most fascinating...the way the leaves unfurl and they way the tendrills garb on to anything in reach and start spiraling around it. Here is a close up. I was waiting and waiting for some blossoms to appear.
That day I did find tthe very first peas blossom! Here it is , not quite open.

No comments: