Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tomatoes on Sale Now!



To my Victorville Silverlakes Ward friends!
This is proof that yes, tomatoes are actually 20 cents a pound now at Vallarta here in Victorville. The sale ad says the limit is 10 pounds. So I would get 10 pounds, then leave the store and come right back in (after taking my tomatoes to the car) and get another 10 pounds, (maybe going to a different check out) and so on. The sale lasts through Wed.,August 12th.

So if you were intending to can tomatoes or make your own salsa and can that, now is a good time. Sister Horvath recently bottled some tomatoes from her garden, using the deep kettle boiling method. Give her a call, if you have questions.
Also, Sister Shanks is an expert, too, if you want to talk to someone.

I plan on canning tomatoes for the first time this week...so wish me luck!

No comments: