Sunday, January 4, 2009

Important Tip Re: Ring pull top cans



First of all, I was so pleased to see this morning that when I "googled" 72 Hour Kits the first site on the list was
lds.about.com/od/preparednessfoodstorage/a/72hour_kit.htm -
...and then after that was the homeland security site. Wow! Anyway, I learned a new tip: Do not use pull tab cans in your 72 hour kit..especially if you are storing it in your car or garage...they can explode with changes in temperature. You do not want the sticky syrup of your canned fruit cocktail all over everything in your kit! I learend this warning in the lds site
and I also learned that Jolly rancher candies melt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I thought I would bring to your attention a Utah company that you may not be aware of. Shelf Reliance (www.shelfreliance.com) sells a fantastic line of food storage products called Thrive. I would love to send you a FREE sample of Thrive for you to try. We would love for you to try it out and then post a review!! If you are interested, send an email to rebeccasusannepickett@gmail.com.